Register and use ValChoice content for your library.
ValChoice supports public and educational libraries with free content!
“ValChoice gives transparency to the world of insurance, helping consumers understand costs and companies. It’s an excellent tool for educating and empowering consumers as well as increasing financial literacy.”
– Wendy Pothier, Business Librarian, University of New Hampshire
Tutorials Aligned with Monthly Programming
April - Financial Literacy Month
Free content for libraries and library patrons covering:
- How good is my/any insurance company about paying claims?
- How to shop for insurance that properly protects you and your family
- What is the average price of insurance where I live?
- How to find an agent that sells good insurance at a fair price?
“Due to the pandemic and the likely societal shifts that will result, a lot more of our patrons are going to be forced to navigate the murky waters of personal insurance, where any missteps can be incredibly costly. With ValChoice, librarians can give patrons the tools they'll need.”
– Michael Zeller, Vice President, New England Library Association (NELA)
Tutorials Tailored to Your Patrons Needs by Stage of Life
Premium Tutorials Overview
These tutorials feature insurance expert, Dan Karr. This professionally produced, highly valuable content is free to libraries.
Ages 16 - 24
"First Steps to Getting Car Insurance"
Total time: ~25 minutes
- Getting a license: Now or later?
- Discounts: Maximizing and keeping
- Coverage types: the options & what they cost
Ages 25 - 54
"Growing assets and family?"
Total time: ~30 minutes
- Coverage limits: When to change.
- Teen drivers: What you need to know now.
- Umbrella policies: When you need one.
"Have you outgrown your insurance?"
Total time: ~35 minutes
- Teen drivers: What you need to know.
- Changing lifestyle: How to save money
- Age: How it impacts your cost
New York Times quote
Even More Content in Addition to the Videos Highlighted Above
Registration lets us know where your library is located so we can customize content based on your location. Once you complete the registration, we guide you through the process of how to use this valuable content.